|Hemp, Cannabis sativa|
Natural Fibres: Hemp - from 2009 International Year of Natural Fibres
About Hemp - from Ecofibres Industries, Well worth exploring
Industrial Hemp - from How Products are Made, explains the difference between fibre hemp and drug hemp plants
Margaret River, Hemp Clothing - facts about Hemp
Hemp Herds as paper making material - from Project Gutenberg, this article was written in 1916 and describes how the material was prepared and carefully tested
A suggested classroom activity is:-
In CONCLUSIONS, the authors considered that hemp hurds could be a good source of fibre compared with what product. What are the advantages?
- Use Ctrl+F keys to find the sections you need
- Start at Fig. 3. Then read the section "Operations involved in a Test"
- Draw a flow diagram for the cooking process
- How is the yield of fibre calculated?
- Why is the stock washed and bleached?
- What is bleaching powder?
- Why is beating important?
Return to Fibres: Natural and SyntheticReturn to Discovering Natural Fibres
Page Maintained By: email@example.com
Last Update: Monday, 30-Apr-2012 14:08:58 AEST